Are you, or the person you married, not a citizen of Canada and wish to live in Canada with your spouse?  In Canada, Canadian citizens and those with Canadian permanent residency, who are over the age of 18 can sponsor their spouse to live with them in Canada under the family class program. In fact, one of the stated objectives of Canadian immigration policy is to facilitate family reunification.

Spousal relationships include:

  • a married spouse –a spouse must be at least 18 years of age or older and not otherwise married to someone else;

  • common law partner – to qualify, you must be in relation to a person and having cohabited for a continuous period of at least one year and cannot be intermittent periods;

  • conjugal partner – to qualify, you must be in relationship with the person you wish to sponsor for at least one year, and support this position with evidence of a shared life together.

Your first consultation will involve a review of the requirements to ensure that you qualify to sponsor your spouse and that your spouse can be sponsored, followed by an overview of the process and the processing times.


Find out how long it will take Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process your sponsorship application.


Under the Canadian immigration policy, parents are able to sponsor their children from foreign states as well. Thus if you’ve been earned residency in Canada and wish to sponsor your children, that is an area we can assist on.

Definition of dependant Children for Family Sponsorship of Children:

  • The child is under the age of 19 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship)

  • The child is 19 years of age or order and has been financially dependent on a parent since before age of 10 because of physical or mental conditions.


Here at Paolucci Law we understand that Spousal Sponsorships and Family sponsorships are very personal and very important. Understanding the time away from family and waiting for the process is quite trying. Which is why we ensure we will be diligent and attentive with the streams to ensure the highest potential of efficiency. To ease the burden and help during a strenuous time.


Documents you need to provide at first meeting:

  • Canadian passport or Permanent Resident Card,

  • Birth certificate,

  • A valid marriage certificate,

  • Proof of income,

  • Proof of employment;

  • Proof of a lease or a proof of Property Agreement.